Legend Kingdom Come
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend Kingdom Come

Welcome to a world of Royalty, Knights, Wizards and all that come with the Middle ages.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forest Near Carpatus
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am by LadyLilliAschuill

» The Cold Wind Rounds
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Misery Enjoys Company [Iago’s Chambers; Azazel; Plague Era]
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am by King Oberon

» Angie's Banners
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm by LadyLilliAschuill

» I'M BACK!!
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm by Queen Cassandra

» A Odd, Bizarre Blurry Day
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Ichabod’s Bedroom
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am by King Oberon

» Captured Behind Enemy Lines
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am by Queen Cassandra

» Joust Tournament
The Courtyard Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm by Princess Desdemona

Top posters
Queen Cassandra
The Courtyard I_vote_lcapThe Courtyard I_voting_barThe Courtyard I_vote_rcap 
DQ Genevieve
King Oberon
Princess Desdemona
LadyLilliAschuill
Elektra
Rozen_Maiden
Illyria_wants_foooood!
Albel Nox
Kirlan
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
Hogwarts Founders Trimanthia Kingdom RolePlayGateway Superville

Hogwarts: The Next Generation

The Courtyard

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyLilliAschuill
Commoner
Commoner
LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive
Name: Liliane Atwood Aschuill
Love?: Single

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Courtyard of the manor. There is a stone fountain in surrounded by road which leads out to Carpatus. The brown building to the left facing the front entrance are the horse stables.

The Courtyard MedievalManorEdit
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1...
LadyLilliAschuill
Commoner
Commoner
LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:53 pm

The now welcomed crow of the rooster awoke Lilli with hardly a jolt this time around. After a few days of getting up with the sun, her body was now used to the early awakening and hardly gave her any resistance. Opening her eyes to the familiar sight of the predawn glow of the sunrise, Lilli was quite looking forward to the lay’s lesson. She had been particularly pleased with her improvement with the sword lessons with Xan, surprising herself with how much she had managed to learn. She couldn’t deny either that she enjoyed his company as well. Despite his tendency to listen rather than speak, she found she enjoyed conversations with him; it was not often that she had the opportunity to converse with others from far away countries.

Rising with hardly any effort, she began her new morning routine of dressing and plaiting her hair out of her eyes. Having learned her lesson that food was not always available this early in the morning, Lilli had the idea of ‘storing’ a few rolls from the night before wrapped in a cloth upon her table. Grabbing the still wrapped rolls, she placed them in a leather bag and slung the strap over her body before grabbing her sword and head out once again.

Silently making her way through the house and down the stairs, Lilli had a strange feeling stop her dead in her tracks. A sudden feeling of danger washed over her and it nearly took her very breath away from her. The moment passed almost as quickly as it had come, but Lilli couldn’t help but wonder why in the word she would have such a sudden premonition.

Shaking her head to put in out of her mind, she continued down the steps and though the main room to the main entrance, opening the door rather slowly as not to cause it to squeak. As soon as she did so, a small bit of white caught the corner of her eyes as she turned them to the paper stuck to the wooden door. Questions zoomed around her mind as she carefully removed the note from the door and read it carefully:

Lilli,

I know this is sudden, but something urgent has come up that I must see to. I will return, and don't worry I feel fine. Ichabod took good care of me... but I need to do this... If I don't I am not sure I could live with myself...

Take care,

Your Friend
Ari.

Lilli could feel the blood drain from her face and nearly dropped the note before reading it over again to make sure she had read it right. Something urgent? What was going on? Where was she leaving to? And in her condition? Felling better or not, Lilli knew better than to let her dearest friend set off on any secret mission while with child. Yet she was lost as to what to do. She had not seen Ari leave, not knew in which direction she was going, and her note was of no help at all. She wracked her brain as what to do. She had to follow after her, that was not debatable, but how? Who would know where she would have gone?

Ichabod.

Lilli remembered that Arianna had been under his care the last few days, perhaps he knows more than she? But Lilli knew he would not have let her go anywhere any more than she would have, but perhaps Ari had at least told him where she was going.

Confused and terrified and at a loss of her next move, Lilli could hear the faint sound of hooves rapidly approaching…
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive
Name: Oberon, Iago, Yorick, Lani, Loki, Stephen III
Love?: Married

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:48 pm

[Continued from Forest of Carpatus]

Blond hair flew about the unnaturally pale flesh like a sailor’s flag caught within a vicious maelstrom. Xanthus had coaxed as much speed from Toivo as he dared to within village limits, the horse kicking up great clouds of dust and dirt as its rider navigated through and around several obstacles to the Atwood estate. He knew the village rather well now: walking the environs with the confidence of a local, though was still quite new to the people.

A sigh escaped the Carakleinian’s lips as he saw the manor swiftly fly into view. There was a conflict within his mind, and not one that he had really wanted to have so early in the Lady Atwood’s training: dare he take her along, as practical experience in facing possible danger... or do his best to encourage her to stay, for her own safety? Xan knew which choice Lord Atwood would make in his place, and it was wise this time by the Carakleinian’s reckoning. Yet... this would be the best time to see just how much progress had been made in such a short time. He really didn’t want to be the one to have to answer to Lord Atwood should the worst happen, although from what Xanthus had personally seen of Lilli’s abilities and considering he and Ichabod would be there... she had a better chance in his opinion of being safe than her friend.

To his immense surprise, the very person he was thinking of was already outdoors as he urged Toivo to slow his nearly breakneck pace. The horse obeyed with a deafening neigh, rearing upon its hind legs in regardless protest to such a sudden command to stop. Xanthus gripped Toivo’s mane and neck to stay aboard the creature’s back, straightening only when the horse returned all four feet to the ground. There was no saddle upon the horse's back; merely packs in the shape of a harness for supplies. “Milady...” he greeted Lilliane in a hurried, hushed tone.

In quickly scanning his student’s appearance, Xan noticed she seemed just about ready to head out to the forest clearing with a small pack of what he presumed to be food. The paleness of her face, he noticed, resembled to a degree the same countenance the inventor wore. And then he spotted the parchment. Another letter from Arianna, perhaps? The Carakleinian could only guess. Vaguely he wondered just how Lilli was going to take to being told her lessons would have to be set aside. Because she was also friends with Arianna, the warrior assumed it would not all be to Lilli's ire.

“I come with grave news...” Xan trailed off, still debating whether or not to present Lilli with the choice to stay or go.
Back to top Go down
LadyLilliAschuill
Commoner
Commoner
LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Lilli watched with anticipation as the horse and rider drew nearer. Could this possibly be Arianna? It was unlikely, but she had to hope. Within moments the horse stopped and reared upon its hind legs mere feet from her position, causing her to back away in order to avoid being kicked. Her heart sank when the rider turned out to be other than her dear friend, but she was also a bit relived when she saw the rider’s face. Yet in her heart she knew that this was not to be one of their usual meetings, he came with such haste Lilli knew that it could not be good.

“I come with grave news...”

Lilli denied herself the thoughts that the worst had happened. Perchance he was referring to some other incident. Once Toivo and finally settled she hastily approached Xan, Ari’s letter firmly clutched in her hand held out for him to see.

“Ari….she-…she’s gone…” she couldn’t help but stammer out of her concern, unsure if he was indeed aware of her disappearance. “Please…I must find her!” she nearly shouted more of a demand rather than a suggestion. If there was still any chance Ari was still alive and Xan had any information of where she had gone, Lilli was going to find her, weather he approved or not.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Xan’s haste was such that he did not dismount from his horse, though he did reach out for the parchment she offered him. The warrior presumed this was yet another letter and hoped it was more enlightening than the one left for Ichabod. Did the women not tell each other everything? “I know...” he murmured, not even noticing Lilli had stammered. He carefully read the words Arianna had given her friend, and found them less than helpful: in essence it was the same information bestowed unto Ichabod. All they would have to go on is the direction he’d seen her leave, as well as any hopes that Ari may have left clues to lead herself back to the village that they could follow...

“Please…I must find her!”

Xanthus held out the parchment to return the letter to its intended recipient, blinking at the sudden volume Lilli had produced. “Payne has requested I join him to search,” he explained even though it was clear training practice was off for today. “I had seen the direction she went...”

A moment of hesitation caught in Xan’s throat. “It... may be best if you remain here, Milady...” he suggested tentatively. From what the warrior had managed to learn about his student, she wasn’t one to sit idly by. However, the Carakleinian thought it was his duty to at least attempt to persuade her to take the safest course of action.
Back to top Go down
LadyLilliAschuill
Commoner
Commoner
LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Lilli quickly took the letter from his hand and stared at it, as if an answer were to suddenly appear within the written words. Her mind buzzed with the only question she could think to ask herself: What to do?
Her head snapped up as Xan stated that he had seen Ari leave and the direction that she had gone and that he an Ichabod are going to search for her. His words had barely reached her ears when she had already made up her mind.

“It... may be best if you remain here, Milady...”

With all her intent, she had somehow known that he would insist she stay behind. A small flare of resentment flickered in her as she could see this as an opportunity to use her newly learned skills to protect her friend, they very purpose of the lessons as well. Without hesitating she gave her answer.

“No.” she stated simply. “I am coming with you. Arianna is a sister to me and I would be ashamed to remain behind.”

Tucking the letting into the sack slung across her, she started to make for the stables, hoping Jasper would not resent her too much for waking him this early.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Shock, confusion, fear... all expected emotions Xan predicted he would see. On one hand he would advocate her facing her fears and riding off with him and Ichabod... yet at the same time he felt an overwhelming urge to keep his student in village limits so that she needn’t go off to fight, if that became an eventual outcome. Whatever happened to them out there, it would be him answering to Lord Atwood, not Ichabod.

The sudden swelling of resentment, though brief, was also anticipated and Xan hardened his own features for but a moment’s breadth of time. For all his words to her, perhaps she expected he would have asked her to join. It was the purpose of their lessons to use the skills in times of possible danger such as this. However, the Carakleinian had not foreseen Lilli’s need to use the skills so immediately.

“No. I am coming with you. Arianna is a sister to me and I would be ashamed to remain behind.”

A barely-audible sigh of slight exasperation left unnaturally pale lips. How many times had he heard similar statements regarding one’s personal honour? Too many times, and quite a few were his own declarations. Much as he desired she stay in the village, safe and sound, Xanthus knew he could not compromise her own sense of honour without sacrificing his own. Did she realize just how easily she just made the conversation more convoluted than it needed to be? Something told Xan that she knew good and well... They had gotten to learn quite a bit about each other with the lessons.

“And what would your father think of this?” he called out to her, urging Toivo to trot carefully in order to keep up with Lilli. A thought occurred to him that he could speed off and leave her behind so that she couldn’t follow, but he dismissed it. She would likely follow the hoof tracks and catch up with him regardless. “I swore to him no harm would befall you whilst in my presence... Out there, there are no guarantees.”
Back to top Go down
LadyLilliAschuill
Commoner
Commoner
LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:02 pm

Lilli ignored the sound of Toivo’s hoof prints as they followed slightly behind her. She knew Xan would protest her insistence that she join in their search, but it still seemed to her that he did not truly understand the relationship she has with Ari. The mention of her father irritated her even further, sounding more like an excuse than reason for her to stay behind. Though she had to admit that the thought had not yet crossed her mind when she made it up to leave. She paused for a moment, seeming almost in defeat, as she examined her choices. She knew he would not approve at all of her going off on such a dangerous mission, but knowing her love for her dearest friend she would hope that he would not castigate her to greatly.

“My father will understand and in time come to forgive me.” She answered pragmatically before continuing on toward the stable. “And just as you swore to him, I too swore to Arianna. She needs me, Xanthus, and I cannot abandon her at such a dangerous time.” She paused for a moment at the stable door, her hand gently resting upon it handle. “Should harm befall her…or her child…I could never forgive myself,” She said softly, almost more to herself that to Xan. She ripped open the door and the dim light poured into the dusty building, waking the stable boy with a jolt as he slept in the loft above.

Jasper stood in his stall and raised his head sharply at the sudden burst of light. He gave a questioning snort as Lilli hurried to him. “Forgive me, my friend, but today your swift feet are needed.” She said, giving him a quick pat on his neck and hurried to saddle him. The stable boy, a young man of no more than 15 peered over the edge in confusion and curiosity. Upon seeing Lilli he hurried himself down the ladder.

“Milady!” he squeaked, fearful that he perhaps overslept and missed his duty to saddle Jasper himself, “Forgive me! I-…..What is going on?” he asked upon seeing Xan.

“I’m sorry for waking you, Tom, but an urgent matter has arisen and I must leave,” she said hurriedly, as the boy fumbled to help her ready the horse. Confused, he glanced quickly between her and Xan just outside the stable. “Milady?” he asked, not quite understandingthe situation.

“Arianna is in danger and I must aid her.” She explained simply, for she really had no other information as it was. Tom opened his mouth to speak but was still beside himself with confusion. Having finally readied Jasper, Lilli quickly led him out of the stable and threw herself upon his saddle, Jasper responding with a slight whinny, as though he understood the severity of the situation. Lilli gave the befuddled stable boy one last glance. She knew without a doubt that the moment she left he would be running to her father to alert him.

“Tell my father that I will return when Ari is safe….and that he needn’t worry…” she glanced turned to Xan, her expression stubborn and determined, letting him know that she was coming with him whether he liked it or not, “…tell him that I am well prepared and Lord Xanthus will see that no harm will come to me.” The corner of her mouth gave the slightest hint of a knowing smile as Tom was now at a full run to the manor, already shouting for Lord Atwood.

A slight twinge of uncertainty mixed with anticipation fluttered within her as she gave Xan a nod of readiness.

“Lead the way…”

----------------------------------------------

“Lord Atwood! Lord Atwood!”
The young boy’s voice rang thought the manor as he crashed through the front door. The rest of the house was just starting rise and begin their own morning routines as the Baron James Atwood came running down the main stair, half dressed and in his nightclothes.

“What is the meaning of this Tom?” he demanded irritably, the boy halted in front of him and ripped off his tattered hat and bowing slightly at his master, gasped to catch his breath. “She’s…the lady…gone…to help…just left...” he staggered between hurried gasps. Lord Atwood Stared at him deeply, in attempt to make sense of the young man’s words. “Slow down boy! Speak clearly!” he said, fed up with his rambling. Taking a few calmer breaths, Tom finally was able to speak.

“Lady Lilliane, she’s just left. Said something about the apothecary, Arianna, being in danger and she had to go after her…” Lord Atwood’s eyes darted from the boy to his wife, who had come running at the instance as well. “Gone?” He asked, still a bit confused, “Gone where? Speak boy!” he said, his voice growing loud and concerned. The boy swallowed hard and strained to continue. “I-I don’t know sir, she did not say where. She had that pale stranger with her.”

At this Lord Atwood’s eyes grew wide before his brow furrowed with anger. He knew exactly whom Tom was referring to. “The Caraklienian??” he asked, though he already knew the answer. “Y-Yes…sir” the boy said, timidly, well aware of the man’s growing fury. “And you did nothing to stop them??” James shouted at the boy. Tom cowered a bit, a sense of shame now spreading through him for, indeed, he did not attempt to stop Lilli for leaving. “Forgive me, milord, I…I did not know what to do…” he paused, hoping Lord Atwood would calm a bit. “She …she told me to tell you that…she will return when Arianna is safe and not to worry…for she is prepared and the Lord Xanthus will not let harm come to her.”

Lord Atwood stood fuming in his spot for several minutes, taking in all that he had just been told. He was now torn between sending someone after his daughter and doing nothing in hopes that the promise the stranger had given him would hold true. He would do it himself, but his age and health was not what it used to be. It was no secret he did not truly trust the man, especially with his daughter, but he could not deny that he had not yet given him reason to doubt him…that is until now. He could only wonder if Xanthus encouraged her to ride off or if he insisted she stay. But then, knowing his own daughter, she could be quite stubborn and determined, even more so now since Martin’s death. He was well aware of her closeness with the apothecary and was now not surprised that she had reacted in this manner. He fought desperately within himself, and the horrified look upon his wife’s face did not help matters at all.

Turning from the now trembling stable boy he concluded to himself that the matter was now out of his hands. He trusted his daughter and had great faith in her and there would be hell to pay should harm befall her. With a deep breath and gathering his remaining willpower he spoke to the audience of servants that had now gathered.

“Then we wait for their return and pray that no harm comes to them. It is out of our hands…she has made her choice and we have none but to have faith in it. Lord Xanthus will protect her…and if he doesn’t…it will be my sword he shall answer to”….
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:32 pm

“For your sake... and mine... you had best be correct, Milady,” Xan cautioned, expressing his disapproval of her participation in the tone of his voice rather than in words. He listened as she spoke – a habit all too common with him – and wasn’t quite certain how to respond. On one hand he was slightly offended Lilli did not seem to believe he and the inventor could recover Arianna without help. Yet, on the other... he admired her bravery and honor to face whatever might be waiting out there. It was a tough situation to be in, or take sides with, Xanthus acknowledged silently. The Carakleinian had lost this verbal battle and he knew it, and so kept his tongue still rather than continue to try and convince her to stay. Her mind was made up. Only bolting off would somewhat solve the problem... but then if she tried to follow despite his guidance... No. It was better to just grit one’s teeth and bear it than attempt to run from this. “You must do what you feel is right...” Xan whispered as Lilli went inside to prepare Jasper for the trek ahead of them. He didn’t have to completely approve of her decision in order to honor it.

Teal eyes focused upon the stable boy with the utmost seriousness. However, neither his eyes nor his lips seemed willing to explain the crisis at hand. Xanthus glanced at Lilli the moment she began speaking and still did not look exactly pleased. Quite the contrary: he looked every bit the soldier about to ride out to war... or perhaps more apt a soldier sent to guard a noble passenger through dangerous territory. His expression was frozen in into a pensive scowl. “We must make haste,” he said, once again his tone and a slight nod giving away much more about his mood than his face. Irritation, impatience... and perhaps a flicker of worry.

“Tell my father that I will return when Ari is safe….and that he needn’t worry……tell him that I am well prepared and Lord Xanthus will see that no harm will come to me.”

In the glance Lilli had favored him, Xanthus attempted to convey with eyes alone all of his qualms about her joining the quest. For all it did, he might as well have stared at the wall instead. He would protect her as vowed, of course, but that did not mean he had to approve of her decision to tag along. He wasn’t sure Lilli was quite ready for a real battle yet.

Xanthus locked eyes with the stable boy again and gave another firm nod of agreement before the young lad made haste to inform the Lord of the household. He wasn’t sure what to make of that knowing smile on Lilli’s lips. Whatever it meant, the Carakleinian was already too late to put a stop to the events put into motion. It no longer seemed practical to try and convince her otherwise.

A blank expression met Lilli’s nod for a fraction of a second, pale lips tightening into a line as he nodded in return. “If you are certain you are ready...” he replied seriously and, turning from her, took off back down the main road from the Manor at not quite a gallop, yet by no means a leisurely stroll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Courtyard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legend Kingdom Come :: The Kingdom of Alrania :: The Out Skirts :: Atwood Manor-
Jump to: