Legend Kingdom Come
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend Kingdom Come

Welcome to a world of Royalty, Knights, Wizards and all that come with the Middle ages.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forest Near Carpatus
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am by LadyLilliAschuill

» The Cold Wind Rounds
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Misery Enjoys Company [Iago’s Chambers; Azazel; Plague Era]
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am by King Oberon

» Angie's Banners
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm by LadyLilliAschuill

» I'M BACK!!
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm by Queen Cassandra

» A Odd, Bizarre Blurry Day
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Ichabod’s Bedroom
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am by King Oberon

» Captured Behind Enemy Lines
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am by Queen Cassandra

» Joust Tournament
The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm by Princess Desdemona

Top posters
Queen Cassandra
The Cold Wind Rounds I_vote_lcapThe Cold Wind Rounds I_voting_barThe Cold Wind Rounds I_vote_rcap 
DQ Genevieve
The Cold Wind Rounds I_vote_lcapThe Cold Wind Rounds I_voting_barThe Cold Wind Rounds I_vote_rcap 
King Oberon
Princess Desdemona
LadyLilliAschuill
Elektra
Rozen_Maiden
Illyria_wants_foooood!
Albel Nox
Kirlan
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
Hogwarts Founders Trimanthia Kingdom RolePlayGateway Superville

Hogwarts: The Next Generation

The Cold Wind Rounds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive
Name: Cassie, Cara, Liam, Will, Elchanan, Arianna, Lyra and Anna
Love?: Married

The Cold Wind Rounds Empty
PostSubject: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Arianna was sitting in her horse drawn buggie, she was much to big now to walk everywhere, so this was the next bast thing she could do. The plauge had taken many townsfoke hard, she went from house to house to offer medican to help with the horrible fever the illness brought and advise on how they them selves could treat it. One house she went to both victims were young children. Both had it pretty bad, she had given them medicen and instructions to the parents on what to do, the younger child look pretty bad though, there was little she could do in the hours she spent there. Only time could tell if the child would recover, and the though brought tears to her eyes and made her pale. This illness was a hard one, she could barely handle treating it.. The weather was turning towards Autum not as well, the was a chill in the air and it had her worried for those with the bad fevers, exposure to the cold air could make it even worse. She pulled her shawl around her a little tighter, the cold and sadness of the day getting to her.

Then she pulled up to her last house of the day, Ichabods.. one of her dearest one sweetest firends. She dearly hoped he didn't have it, she wasn't sure she could leave his side if he did.

She managed to pull herself out of her buggie, she patted her hourse then headed over to Ichabods front door, where she knocked.

"Ichabod? Are you home? Its Ari Come to see how you are doing?" she called through the door.
Back to top Go down
https://legendkingdomcome.rpg-board.net
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive
Name: Oberon, Iago, Yorick, Lani, Loki, Stephen III

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 am

Contrary to Ichabod Payne’s normal routine despite the chill of the coming autumn, the inventor was not outside tinkering away or making to put sensitive items indoors to prevent their destruction by winter’s coming damp. Instead he was indoors, dressed in a loose-fitting white tunic and brown trousers and barefoot. Evert the Mouse did whatever it could to stay out of its master’s way as Ichabod paced nervously.

He had heard about the plague hitting various settlements across Alrania... It was hitting the capitol rather hard, and Carpatus was a couple of hours away at least. Sure enough, it had even reached here and seemed to be slowly picking off the townspeople. Immediately his thoughts went to Ari and her safety. Throughout the war he had sent her messages as a secret admirer via a trained cardinal which he kept caged in his kitchen or bedroom... wherever seemed to best be out of the way in case Ari popped by. She dealt with the sick and ailing on a daily basis. And with her heavily pregnant he did not want her to fall ill at a time like this.

Especially if it was because of him...

According to the symptoms many were describing, he might have even been responsible for bringing the plague to Carpatus. He did faint quite often, after all... Add to that that he now felt very hot, tired, and he thought he saw a rash on his neck. What he didn’t take into consideration was his amount of activity overheating him, the few insect bites he received while outdoors caused him to break out, and that he worked quite hard day in and day out. Naturally if he were to hear of people being tired all the time he too would begin to also feel lethargic.

Therefore, thinking he had fallen prey to the plague, when Ari knocked and beckoned Ichabod panicked. “Y-yes... H-home, but I-I f-f-fear to say n-not well...” he called back from the other side.

Hurriedly he made to cover the birdcage. “Be still, quiet, and safe my friend...” he muttered as the cloth shrouded the cage in darkness.

With hesitant footsteps Ichabod stepped toward and unlocked the door, opening it up a crack and allowing a single green eye to peek out. “I-I fear I h-have contracted the p-p-p-plague! ... P-perhaps even brought it here...” the inventor whined his insecurities. “I-I do not w-want you t-to fall ill b-b-because o-of me...”
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Ari felt her heart drop to the very pit of her stomach, she wouldn't be surprised if it bumbed against the Baby.. No Ichabod couldn't have it... she couldn't bare it. With Lilli off at the castle, and being to far along to visit her Father, Ichabod was her only one left.. yes she loved the man. Some may had found it silly, but she did.. she hadn't said anything but she loved him so. And the thought of him down with this illness frightened her... she had seen a few die from it.. This frightened her terribly.

She swallowed, if he indeed did have it, it he thought he would be able to convince her to leave him he was utterly mad.. or dilarious with fever.

"Ichabod Payne don't try that with me, If I haven't gotten it now I never will. If you think I am going to leave you to suffer with it on you own you got another thing coming" she muttered placing her hand on the door pushing it opened.

"It is very noble of you to try and protect me and the baby... but I have already been exposed... Treating you won't make much more of a difference" she explained softly.

"Let me see you to make sure, okay?" she said in a softer more worried tone.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 pm

"I-I believe Old Cuthbert B-Beckett s-s-said the same... G-Gaia rest his s-soul," Ichabod returned in a mutter. The elderly man was stubborn as a mule and would often declare if he hadn't gotten sick before then he never would. But the plague did indeed have the last laugh in that case. However, Ichabod found himself too weak to protest Arianna's demands and scuttled away from the door as she pushed it open.

The inventor scurried to find a scrap of cloth. He had been using it to wipe the sweat from his brow as what he believed was a fever gripped him. For a smallish home the fireplace blazed with an impressive fire. "I-I still would feel g-guilty if you f-fell ill sh-shortly a-after t-t-tending to me..." he sighed, finding and subsequently picking up the handkerchief. Knowing Ari would enter whether he wanted to or not, Ichabod covered his mouth with the cloth. If the plague spread itself by air - another rumor he'd heard - then Ichabod was determined to minimize the risk to her as much as he possibly could.

Reluctantly Ichabod pulled the door open further - a silent cue that Ari could come in. He had vowed to never deny her welcome into his home. It would be breaking that vow to refuse her, ill or not, even though the promise had been given when Stephen had the woman in his creepy-eyed sights. And if what he had was indeed the plague Ichabod had something very important to tell Ari anyway... He only hoped and prayed that he would recover and that it wasn't too late.

"H-Have you h-heard from y-your admirer's c-cardinal l-lately?" Ichabod asked from behind the handkerchief, trying to change the subject. Ari had told him about the letters and despite the fact he had written them Ichabod (sometimes guiltily) played dumb. Considering he'd sent yet another letter a mere two days ago, the inventor was curious. Just because his cardinal returned without a letter attached to its leg or clamped in its beak didn't mean it had been successful.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:52 am

Ari shook her head, this was different she had been among the infected and even the ones that died from it... one of the first ones to.. and she was still fine. Though she frowned at the news to older man had not made it.. how she wished there were more of her.. so she could be with the most afflicted of the victims.

When Ichabod moved away from the door she slowly walked in, "It wouldn't be your fault either way Ichabod, that is the risk that happens I am this towns care giver now..since the only other offical physian around here got sommond to the castle.. I am the only one to give help.." She said with a sigh has approched him, worry on her face..

"Come Ichabod, sit or lay down so I can have a look at you" she said putting her bag of Medicen down.

At his question over the message and bird she blinked thinking it a random question, but she supposed if it distracted him from this though of the plauge why not. it was still a mystry to her over who was sending them..

"Yes I did, couple days ago" she said a slight blush on her face. "I wish I knew who was writing them.. they say such sweet things about me.. yet I feel bad this is rather one sided...." she said shaking her head. " I am still not sure what to think of them really.." she said as she placed her hand on his forehead to test for the fever.

"Hmm your are warm..." she said worriedly moving to get something out of her bag.. "Can I see your neck Ichabod? When did you first notice the sympotms?" she asked partil in Healing mode.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Auburn eyebrows crinkled in concern as Ari spoke of the physician that had been summoned to the castle. In his opinion it wasn't fair at all for the village to make its demands upon Arianna in her present condition. However, as she pointed out, she was the only hope for the afflicted. Ichabod slowly sat down. He still kept the handkerchief in front of his face in an attempt to protect her if he indeed had the plague.

It was good that the handkerchief was there, as it turned out: a smile spread throughout Ichabod's face at Arianna's answer about the cardinal. Although, it wasn't completely hidden for his eyes crinkled happily at the corners. His fears instantly came to light as Arianna expressed feeling bad about the letters being one-sided. "I... I-I see..." Ichabod murmured. That was the exact reason he kept his identity hidden: if he was discovered, and Arianna did not truly feel the same, their friendship could be placed in terrible danger.

The inventor closed his eyes and tried to relax as Ari tested him for temperature. "Th... the r-rash began not th-three days ago, a-after I discovered a c-c-colony of bees had t-tried to call one of my inventions h-home," Ichabod answered, unbuttoning his overshirt. He removed the garment, revealing a white shirt underneath with a flat, wide collar that did not scale up the wearer's neck.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Ari thought about the letters for a moment, they were perplexing to her, she found it difficult to react to just a piece of a unknown persons feelings.. though they did make her smile from time to time. "They are quite perplexing to me to be honest" she said as a after thought.. As sweet at the letters were she needed a real being to connect with... Like she was with Ichabod..

Her gaze softened at Ichabod as he told his story when he first discovered the rash, and she quirked her eyes in hope when he mentioned bees... could it really only be bee stings? They would hurt much the same way and if the stingers weren't removed and treated they could become quite bothersome.

"Ichabod? are you sure you weren't stung?" she asked ugently as she gently moved to examine the redness, looking for the stinger and the swelling of a bee sting. They did indeed look very much like bee stings.

Ari never though she would be happy over Ichabod being attacked by bees but this is much better then the alternetive..

"I think they are only stings..." she muttered swiftly going to her bag and pulling out a pouch of powder and a bowl.

"Do you have water anywhere ichabod?" she asked eager to make something that would prove her thoughts of bee stings and help Ichabod feel better at the same time.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 am

Ichabod did his best not to look too guilty at Ari's admission of being perplexed by the letters. He hadn't meant to confuse her. "P-perhaps the sender is a-also uncertain o-of things?" the inventor suggested quietly.

Ichabod blinked and thought a moment. Stung? "I-I can't be certain, of course... not back there. I did get a sting or two on my arm, but I do not think I was stung on the neck..." He reached up to touch the back of his neck gingerly, then winced. The flesh was hot and sore to the touch. Sure enough: a collection of stings riddled the back of his neck. Because Ichabod was unaware of having been stung, the stingers had not been removed.

He turned when Arianna left his side and to her medicine bag. Immediately curious what she was doing, Ichabod watched every move. "I suppose if they are indeed stings, I must be dreadfully allergic..." The inventor could feel his face reddening with embarrassment. All of this worry, and causing Ari to panic, for little more than a handful of stings? Ichabod felt like a fool.

"Y-yes... There's w-water in the rain barrel, just o-outside and to your l-left. Just, erm... be careful. I-I'd forgotten to remove Evert's w-weather-boat," Ichabod explained.

Sure enough, at the mere mention of the mouse, Evert scurried up the outside of his master's pants leg and perched itself upon Ichabod's knee. Ichabod smiled at the creature. Without delay he scooped the mouse up and set him aside and told it in a hoarse sort of whisper, "Please, Evert... let us wait until this plague business is done before you come too close."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Ari smiled for moment as Evert the mouse scurried up to Ichabod, she has never seen a more loyal mouse before. "Not so bad Ichabod, concidering how long they were in there... this reaction could have been worse..you are lucky you are not truely allergic" she said heading over to the water barrel where she laddled a little into the bowl she had in her hand.

As she perpared Ichabod's medicen she though about Ichabods words, that who was writing them was uncertian or scared of how to go about things... "Could be so... about the letters, for now it remains to be seen." she said softly as she stirred the medicen until it turned a creamy white.

"Alright, this should go on the stings, it should relieave the burning and reduce the swelling" she said as she scooped some into her hand. "May I?" she asked suddenly feeling a touch shy.. For a odd reason... after all it was logical for her to apply the medicen, she had easier reach and she was healer she did this all the time... yet she felt shy about touching Ichabods neck.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cold Wind Rounds   The Cold Wind Rounds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cold Wind Rounds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legend Kingdom Come :: The Kingdom of Alrania :: The Out Skirts-
Jump to: