Legend Kingdom Come
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend Kingdom Come

Welcome to a world of Royalty, Knights, Wizards and all that come with the Middle ages.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Forest Near Carpatus
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am by LadyLilliAschuill

» The Cold Wind Rounds
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Misery Enjoys Company [Iago’s Chambers; Azazel; Plague Era]
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am by King Oberon

» Angie's Banners
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm by LadyLilliAschuill

» I'M BACK!!
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm by Queen Cassandra

» A Odd, Bizarre Blurry Day
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Ichabod’s Bedroom
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am by King Oberon

» Captured Behind Enemy Lines
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am by Queen Cassandra

» Joust Tournament
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm by Princess Desdemona

Top posters
    Queen Cassandra
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 I_voting_barThe front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
    DQ Genevieve
    The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 I_voting_barThe front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
    King Oberon
    Princess Desdemona
    LadyLilliAschuill
    Elektra
    Rozen_Maiden
    Illyria_wants_foooood!
    Albel Nox
    Kirlan
    Forum
    Affiliates
    free forum
    Hogwarts Founders Trimanthia Kingdom RolePlayGateway Superville

Hogwarts: The Next Generation

The front Part of Ari's Store

Go down 
    3 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    King Oberon
    Lower Classman
    Lower Classman
    King Oberon

Personal Archive
    Name: Oberon, Iago, Yorick, Lani, Loki, Stephen III
    Love?: Married

The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:39 pm

The pounding between his eyes decided to take advantage of the situation and beat even harder upon his skull while Arianna contemplated the coins. What was there to think about, he wondered? Unless the Alranians did not mix metals... perhaps that was the case. Xan wasn’t sure what he’d do if this apothecary didn’t accept such coinage. His level of pain was nearing his limit of tolerance. The man nodded very slightly at Arianna’s words, though wasn’t sure what else he could do. Perhaps if they knew of a dark, cold place he could lose himself in for a few days...

"Perhaps if you are in no rush to leave.. We could have a bit of your time? I assume you are skilled with a blade? I will give you the remeady here and now, if you agree to give my firend Lilli here a lesson in sword fighting. She wishes to learn how to defend herself and loved ones.. I would do it myself, but for obvious reasons... It would be unwise."

Xanthus blinked at the questions, finding it odd she would ask if he were skilled. Then again, it was rare anyone in Caraklein had asked: one look at the twin swords and the blond hair and they automatically assumed he was a Demi-God of either protection or war, depending on their individualized viewpoint. Back in the capitol of Caraklein, after winning a competition held by King Radeios, he’d humored a few of the peasants in the capitol by murmuring a prayer for protection over them, and had given a few veterans a strategy he’d learned from various games of similar nature that he’d put into practice on the field himself. He didn’t expect either to really hold much more merit than their own prayers and plans. But if it brought them peace of mind or hope of victory... how could he refuse when such requests were hardly very demanding?

Once more his turquoise eyes found the noblewoman as her name was mentioned, though they snapped back to Arianna as she continued to speak. He was not surprised one of them knew how to wield a blade. In fact, in his village, most if not all of the women knew how to use one. There was much to contemplate, for him at least, in agreeing to such a proposal. He was at least a week ahead of the convoy... Xan once again focused upon Lilli, this time looking directly at her instead of passed her. The expression upon his face was neutral, albeit still curious, yet was far from appearing opposed to the idea. Very slightly amused, maybe, but that was about it.

Perhaps it was just him, but Lilli's whisper almost carried a hint of objection. For that he could not blame her, for the Carakleinian barely knew them, and they him in return. So long as he stayed ahead of the convoy, however, it could be done. He was about to reply when Lilli spoke first:

"What my dearest friend means is that....you see ....my husband has past, and my father is skilled, but age is taking it's toll on his body... I have no man to defend me againt wrong-doers, nor does Arianna. I have taken it upon myself to protect both her and I against..certain people. But I lack the skill. We've come to learn that those without swords can still die upon them. I do not wish to become a worrior, I only wish to fight for myself and those I care for. If you are willing, then as am I."

The man nodded, rather impressed by Lilli’s sense of honor and the strength of her words. He then addressed them both, “We have an accord, for I have such skill and thy motives are pure. As long as there is a willingness to learn, then I shall teach for one week’s time.”

He tentatively picked up the phial of headache cure. “May I?” he inquired, hoping details as to where and when could hold out just a moment while he took a dose of the medicine. The pain made it feel as though his head were about to be cloven in two.
    Back to top Go down
    Queen Cassandra
    The Royal Queen
    The Royal Queen
    Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive
    Name: Cassie, Cara, Liam, Will, Elchanan, Arianna, Lyra and Anna

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:21 am

Ari bit her lip when Lilli protested, she hoped her firend hadn't minded, it made sense to her, Lilli needed someone to teach her and yes they didn't know this stranger, but it was ooportunity wasn't it? if he didn't they were back to square one.

Plus she was putting turst in this stranger, basicly for the moment, her headache antidote was free, if he left town at night or even right now there was likely nothing she could do about it. But... at the moment she had a good feeling about the man in her store, and she didn't want him to be in pain simply because he didn't have 5 gold coins... the lesson would be worth more then that anyway.

She sighed in relief when Lilli agreed, she probably shouldn't have volunteered her for this, but.... it was already done...

She smiled when Xanthus accepted the offer a week was perfect, just enough time to learn the basics. She felt better knowing her firend would be taught.

She was jerked from her thoughts was Xanthus asked for the medicen, She nodded " Yes yes of course, by all means. One mouth full should be enough" she advised.

"I hope it is to your satisfaction Sir" she said and it was the truth.
    Back to top Go down
    https://legendkingdomcome.rpg-board.net
    LadyLilliAschuill
    Commoner
    Commoner
    LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive
    Name: Liliane Atwood Aschuill
    Love?: Single

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:12 pm

“We have an accord, for I have such skill and thy motives are pure. As long as there is a willingness to learn, then I shall teach for one week’s time.”

Lilli could not help but smile as he accepted the proposal and was surprised that he did not seem at all reluctant. It was strange that he was so willing to accept under such hasty circulmstances, but she could imagine he would have just as quickly sold his soul to hell to get the madicine he had come for. Just as well, the deal was settled and she felt a sense of relife knowing she would soon know how to defend herself and others from a undoubtably skilled fighter. The question that arose now was where and when these lessons would take place.

"I thank you m'lord. And you can rest assured I am very willing. To learn, that is. I know you have not much time but I will do my best in the time that is given to us." She said as dignified as possable, not wanting to seem to eager, though the sooner she aquired the skill, the safer she would feel. She watched as he took the potion, gratful that he would now find some reliefe from his pain, although she found it stange that such a thing like a headache would cause him so much discomfort, if indeed he was as tough as he seemed.

"Well, now that that is settled, please excuse me, I must see to it that my firend follows up on her promise." She said and took Ari gently by the arm. "Come Ari, you must rest now" She said, as more of a demand than a suggestion. She turned back to Xan. "I shall return in a moment. Please, rest youself while you wait for the potion to take it's effect." She nudged Ari to the chair she had been sitting is before, hoping she would follow through with her promise.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1...
    King Oberon
    Lower Classman
    Lower Classman
    King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:25 am

Xanthus had not even one thought on skipping out on the agreement, so bound was he to the ideal of honor. He had been born and raised to recognize, understand, and respect the various ways in which honor could be gained and lost through actions. It was why he’d done a great many things in his life as he had... even if some viewed a few of his actions in a negative light. While both women had nothing to fear about him leaving them to their own devices, that didn’t mean other passersby would. And apparently that lesson had been learned the hard way in regards to Stephen’s former stay here. On one hand, he wondered what the other Carakleinian did to have himself hauled away... yet another part of him wanted nothing to do with learning what had transpired.

’She is relieved you have accepted,’ his mother’s spirit-voice whispered in his ear.

’Mother, please...’ he returned mentally, recognizing the undercurrent of her words as having that old match-maker’s vibe.

’I’m just saying...’ she replied, her tone along the lines of a mischievous child planning a surprise.

He smiled in response to Arianna’s own expression, then nodded when she confirmed he could go ahead and partake in some of the remedy. “Many thanks,” he replied, certain an apothecary’s cure would be very much to his satisfaction. “If you will excuse me,” Xan added, turning away from the pair long enough to take the amount suggested without doing so directly in front of them.

He hoped it worked at a fairly swift pace...

"I thank you m'lord. And you can rest assured I am very willing. To learn, that is. I know you have not much time but I will do my best in the time that is given to us. ... Well, now that that is settled, please excuse me, I must see to it that my firend follows up on her promise."

Xanthus merely nodded, murmuring something along the lines of ‘Of course’ ... or rather the equivalent to it in his native tongue. The weaving between languages was an unconscious one. At the suggestion of rest, he again nodded and took a seat, leaning backward so that his head rested against the wall. Blue-green eyes closed in his attempt to relax, hoping to meditate enough to help the headache cure kick in quicker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ichabod Payne was on his way home with a cart full of goods and various scraps that he felt he could use for inventions. And it just so happened that a certain apothecary happened to be en route to his home. He did have yet to see Arianna today... thus his mind was made up long before the horse came to a stop before the storefront.

He tied the reins to a post, stroked the horse’s light brown velvet nose and offered it a sugar cube and some murmured affections one generally bestowed upon a favored pet. Then, he made for the door. As he passed the windows, he noted that several of them were closed. Had Ari closed the shop early? Or was she tending to someone with a light problem?

Or was there a deeper, more serious reason for what he felt was an odd occurrence? A reason that he really didn’t want to think about... anything and everything, from simple bandits to......... Stephen Vazgoth the Third...

A calloused hand grasped the door handle and gently eased it open, silently cursing the little bell that inevitably chimed whenever someone entered. It was a useful tool, but in times of stealth proved rather counter-productive. Not that Ichabod really considered himself stealthy. Clumsy, definitely, but not stealthy.

“Ari?” he called to the semi-darkness, poking his head through the open space of the door and hoping he wouldn’t be met with some sort of sharp object intent upon drawing blood. When such a thing didn’t happen, he straightened and made for to walk inside. “The door isn’t locked... so I’m coming in... Is everything all- WHOA-OOF!”

A loud thud indicated that Ichabod had just met the floor.

“I’m alright...” he muttered with a degree of embarrassment, unsure what he’d tripped over. Knowing his luck, it was his own two feet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xan winced at the arrival of another, his headache still not completely gone but somewhat relieved. Or rather it had been... until the newcomer’s shout brought it right back to full blast. Trying to tune out the masculine voice that did not belong to him, the Carakleinian once again attempted to meditate. This time he visualized the medicine’s route through his body, curing every complaint minor or major. An unrealistic visualization, certainly, but it definitely helped him concentrate harder.

Once more the drumming against his skull lessened to an easily-tolerated, throbbing ache...
    Back to top Go down
    Queen Cassandra
    The Royal Queen
    The Royal Queen
    Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Ari sighed when Lilli all but pulled her to her chair, "Lilli.. No need to pull I will go back to my chair willlingly..." she said smiling in amusment at her firends persistance.

Siting in her chair to rest she sighed, feeling a bit of relief now that she was off her feet. She observed Xanthus as he appeared to meditate, she figured that would likely speed up the effect of her Headache cure. She had tried to mediate before... but didn't work out to well.. she wasn't talented at quieting her mind.

However it couldn't hurt to try... she sighed again and closed her eyes. Perhaps it wasn't meditation but she did need to relax right?

Sighing again she opened her eyes and looked at Lilli, in a hushed whisper she said "I am sorry if I over stepped Lilli... I just saw a opportnity and I took it.. I hope it is alright.." she said.

Then the door chimed, and for second before she realized who it was, she went to get up, out of pure habit. However her fatiuge stopped her, she sighed....

Then a smile spread across her face when she saw.. and heard Ichabod.

"Yes Ichabod, everything is fine... I am sorry for the darkness.. method of treatment you could say" She said with smile and motioned to the Caraklein inside the store with them.

"You sure you are alright? Can we get you anything" she asked firendly... Though she wanted to get up and go over to Ichabod her self to help him up, she got the feeling she wouldn't be of any.

She did however light a oil lamp beside with a match, letting a dull orange glow to shine through the store. Not bright, but a pleasent light.
    Back to top Go down
    LadyLilliAschuill
    Commoner
    Commoner
    LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:01 pm

Lilli smiled, knowing full well that Ari would have gone willingly, but her “mother hen” instincts kicked in when seeing her friend struggle with such physically simple tasks. Not only with the furthering pregnancy making things difficult, it didn’t help that he friends health seemed to be failing as well. She could only hope it had nothing to do with Ari condition or interfere with a healthy delivery and child. It did ease her mind a bit when Ari seemed to relax in her chair and close her eyes.

"I am sorry if I over stepped Lilli... I just saw a opportunity and I took it.. I hope it is alright.." she said.

Lilli was a bit caught off guard, though she knew Ari would not have intentionally gone over her friends head for such a request unless she felt it absolutely necessary. She was right after all; it was an opportunity that could not be ignored. She needed a teacher, and he was willing to take on the task. She merely smiled and placed and assuring hand upon Ari’s shoulder.

“No need to apologize Ari, what’s done is done. It would have been more appropriate coming from you anyways, as it would have been much too presumptuous for me to request such a favor.” She looked back to Xan, now attempting a moment of meditation, no doubt to aid in the potions relief. It was strange how chance would have it that when she needed a skilled teacher, the Gods had one literally walk in the front door. She hoped this was a good sign that she would acquire the skill quickly, at least enough of the basics. Or perhaps it was just plain luck. Either way, she was thankful. She would have to wait until he was free of his pain to discuss the matter of when and where they would begin seeing as he was already on a bit of a time constraint.

The sound of the door bell ripped her glance to the direction of the sound. Eyes having already adjusted to the dark interior, she recognized Ichabod at once and could not stop herself from giggling a bit as he stumbled around looking for Ari. He was a good man, incredibly bright and talented, though a bit clumsy and not exactly well endowed physically, but he was dear to Ari and she to him and Lilli held a bit of high hopes for a possible match between them.

“Hello Ichabod, it’s good to see you. Ari is over here, resting as she should be.” She turned back to Ari. “Well, I’ll leave you here to rest. I have some discussing to do with your latest customer.” Taking a hint from her own intentions, she rose from Ari’s side and gave her some space, keeping an eye on Xanthus for a sign that he was feeling well enough to discuss the matter of their arrangement.
    Back to top Go down
    King Oberon
    Lower Classman
    Lower Classman
    King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Despite the conversation, in Xanthus’s current state the voices became a conglomerated nonsound if that made any sense at all. He heard but did not hear, listened but did not listen. One of those odd crossroads at any rate. The lightly-bubbling murmur of sound actually also helped a fair bit, in addition to the remedy he’d taken and the meditation he was attempting. Meditation had always worked before, but this time the pain had gotten beyond his control. His own fault, of course, attempting to push himself beyond his own limitations. But if he didn’t at least try to surpass himself then someone else undoubtedly would. There were already Carakleinians who had adapted to tolerate sunlight fairly well... he did not.

Behind closed lids, Xan’s eyes detected the sudden flicker of an amber glow that was neither blinding nor unnoticeable. While he could tolerate this particular source of light, he refrained from opening his eyes. The pain was nearly gone...

He prayed the man that just entered the shop did not shout again... for both their sakes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ichabod was relieved to hear everything was okay. “No, no, no: that’s alright... and I’m alright... Honest,” he replied as he picked himself up off the floor. By habit he began dusting off his tunic and trousers, though it was unnecessarily. Ari always seemed to keep the store impeccably clean. “Likewise, Lady Atwood,” Ichabod murmured in response to Lilli’s greeting, and nodded upon hearing his friend was taking some rest.

Upon glancing over at his friend’s ‘latest customer,’ Ichabod had all he could do not to jump backward into the door. The reason for this was the man’s uncommonly pallid complexion and the darkened eyes. He hadn’t even noticed the hair, automatically thinking Stephen had returned. But the rational side of his mind made him realize that if it had been Stephen, Ari would likely not have been unconcerned about the matter.

As Lilli approached the stranger, Ichabod took this as his turn to sit with Ari. “Is everything alright?” he asked, concern illuminating twin pools of emerald. “A-and by everything I literally mean everything: you? The baby? ... lab still working alright? I have equipment outside if the lab needs a bit of tweaking...”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xan heard more than felt the approach, sensing eyes upon him. “We still have matters to discuss. I know not this place well,” he said to Lilli, not yet opening his eyes. “Upon where and when shall lessons begin?” The Carakleinian barely moved, with the exception of the slow rise and fall of his chest.

Pale brows creased with curiosity as a thought came to him. “What sort of blade do you desire to wield?” Regardless of what it was, Xanthus felt more than confident he could teach her what she wanted to learn. However, if she desired to learn to wield a spear she would need to provide her own. At least with swords he had one to offer for temporary use if she did not have one. His own spear, according to legend, would need to be wrested from him in death before another could claim it and its magical powers for their own.
    Back to top Go down
    Queen Cassandra
    The Royal Queen
    The Royal Queen
    Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Ari smiled in relief when Lilli didn't seem mad, and she nodded.

She smiled though weakly when Ichabod assured her he was alright and dusted himself off. "Thats good"

She looked at Lilli again and nodded "Alright Lilli, and thanks for your help" she said though the thought of the hint, her firend was leaving was not in her mind. Ichabod keeping her company did lift her spirit though. She didn't admit it to anyone but she had feelings for the bright inventor. He was kind, and sweet, made her feel comfortble even in a envorment she was not natural comfortable it. Once more she trusted him, more then she thought she would any human. True she trusted Lilli with her life. but with Ichabod.. it was deeper then that. It was hard to explain..

“Is everything alright?"

She was about to automaticly nod and say everything was fine...

“A-and by everything I literally mean everything: you? The baby? ... lab still working alright? I have equipment outside if the lab needs a bit of tweaking...”

She smiled, and looked shyly at him for a moment into his green concered filled eye, and rested her hand on her swollen abdomen , "The Baby is fine. The lab is working perfectly as always thanks to you...." she said.

Ari notably hesitated about truthful telling him how she was, she felt terribly tired, weak... and chilly. She didn't want to worry him... but yet she didn't wish to lie to him either... He was so nice..

"And me...? I have been better, just a bit under the weather" she said with a sigh, as she ran her hand over her face.

But then she smiled at him in assurence, "But I am sure all I need is a bit of rest and iI will be fine" she said. Feeling good about her answer.

"I might close early, and head home in a bit" she said.
    Back to top Go down
    LadyLilliAschuill
    Commoner
    Commoner
    LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:42 am

Lilli was a bit taken aback the moment Xan spoke to her, asking her the very question she was about to ask him, before even so much as opening his eyes. “Well, I…” she began, not expecting him to want to discuss the matter until he was in a better sate of health. “I was not sure you were well enough so soon after taking the potion to speak of the matter…but since you have brought it up….” She tried to sound a bit more articulate, instead of a stammering nitwit. “I can guide you around if you would like. I myself live just outside the village, I can bring you there and perhaps I can find a suitable place in which we can take the lessons in. As to when, I can leave that up to your judgment, as you are still in the process of recovering from you ailment.”

She paused a moment, thinking it odd he would be having this conversation without so much as looking at her. She watched him for any sign that he was feeling better, but he did not seem to move at all save for breathing. Lilli could not help be feel a tad irritated. “I am only interested in the sword as of now, but….perhaps…” her expression grew even more curious as she started to lean in towards him, wondering if he was even comprehending what she was saying. “ ..perhaps...at a later time….”she trailed off, not able to concentrate with him standing so rigid and quiet the way he was. Before she even knew what she was doing, like a curious child, she lifted her hand and delicately waved it in front of his closed eyes, wongering just how keen is scenses really were.
    Back to top Go down
    King Oberon
    Lower Classman
    Lower Classman
    King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 am

Ichabod felt a distinct heat rush to his face, wishing now he hadn’t bombarded Arianna with questions. What if she didn’t want to answer them amidst others, let alone tell him? It was her business after all... Yet, despite his doubts he knew (or assumed) the apothecary knew that asking questions in such a manner was just the way he was. Not even Jahan the Fifth had managed to scare that habit out of him.

The inventor observed as Ari placed a hand on her middle, and all at once he was reminded of his late wife and their own unborn child. While yes, the thought of his late wife did bring him sadness, Ichabod was at the same time happy for Arianna. Admittedly, the circumstances to which her becoming with child were unfortunate... but that did not mean Ichabod didn’t approve. Quite the contrary: he thought – believed, even – that his friend would make a splendid mother. Before he’d even heard her reply, a caring smile had already begun to split and spread across his face. “Good!” he exclaimed, though felt that same odd heat coloring his cheeks at the compliment regarding the lab. “A lab is only a-as good as its user... I-I just tinker with it here and there...” Ichabod shyly returned the compliment with one of his own.

He held deep feelings for Ari, more than the simple bonds of friendship, but found it difficult to articulate them when she was present. The man could talk about her and rehearse what he was going to say when he was by himself or other men... but in front of a woman the inventor’s ability to speak in such a manner simply wilted into a stuttering mess. Most particularly if it was an attractive woman or the lovely lady for whom the words were intended!

Concern and a hint of panic flickered across emerald pools at the news that she herself was feeling under the weather. It dissipated somewhat at her reassurances. “Perhaps you should see a physician about it when you can... j-just to be sure...” the inventor suggested, determined that he would not allow history to repeat the same tragedy upon him twice. Ari wasn’t his wife, but he would still feel incredibly terrible should she follow the same path as Joan had. He wouldn’t let her follow that path, even if he had to be sneaky about it and have the physician enter the store as a customer. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time they’d employed her medicinal services...

Ichabod nodded, agreeing with the notion of her closing early and getting some rest. Doing too much too fast while pregnant and ill had been Joan’s problem as well. He opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. Would she really say yes to a ride home? Would he be disappointed if she said no? There was only one way to find out, and Ichabod was once again having a hard time even asking a simple question such as this since it would be relatively him and her all on their own... not that he’d be opposed to the idea!

The inventor could almost feel himself sweating, even though he really wasn’t. It was the oddest sensation.

“Erm... W-would you like a r-ride home, b-by any chance? I-I mean, after all... tis o-on the way,” he offered, keeping the stuttering under as much control as he was able.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Xanthus wasn’t exactly posing as the most alert tutor, he was listening to every word and tried to take in every movement without using the sense of sight. “Hmm... Even the tactician plots when there are still arrows to be removed,” he answered in regards to him being well enough to discuss the matter. In the Carakleinian’s opinion, the analogy was rather apt for the pain had dulled from a persistent throb to a faint prickle. “I would appreciate a tour very much, thank you,” Xan courteously answered, although his eyes were still closed, then added, “Tomorrow then, if it suits thee? With the proper conditions, I should feel up to beginning as soon as morning’s twilight.”

A blond eyebrow twitched, its owner having detected a slight undercurrent of... something... in Lilli’s voice. What it was precisely, the Carakleinian wasn’t sure. He decided not to interrupt, though he could’ve reacted to the first part of her sentence. His reason for not doing so, aside from it being discourteous to interrupt, was simply that he was curious to hear the second part of her sentence. When Lilli’s statement failed to come to a conclusion, Xanthus strained his ears to listen and see if she were still near. It certainly felt like she was, but that could’ve simply been his imagination... couldn’t it?

He felt the difference in air around him, but paid it little heed until he noticed via a change in brightness that something was directly in front of his face. Jumping, Xanthus’s reacted by swiftly grabbing the object in front of his eyes: his thumb pressed into Lilli’s palm while his index and middle fingers gripped the other side in a pincer-like grip. At the same time blue-green eyes snapped open, wide and alert in an attempt to find the person or thing that had just startled him. Xan’s grip slackened enough for her to pull her hand away, and his eyes returned to their normal size, once he realized it was only Lilli. Vaguely he wondered why she did that. Perhaps she was testing him? “At a later time...?” the man inquired, mirroring her words. “My eyes were not open, but I assure you that you have my full attention, Milady. Merely recovering.”
    Back to top Go down
    Queen Cassandra
    The Royal Queen
    The Royal Queen
    Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:32 am

Ari sent Ichabob a soft smile, " You don't give your self enough credit Ichabod, You made it, I merely use it, an invention is only as good as the inventor eh?" she said as she repositioned her self in more comfortable position, though it seemed futile as her back felt it was being wipped again..

Ari bit her lip when he suggested a physician, she didn't trust doctors anymore, not since Stephen. There was nothing wrong with the baby, she was just over worked, there was nothing a doctor could do but advise rest.
    She shook her head, "No.. I will be fine, there is little a doctor can do for me other then tell me to rest... which is something I plan to do anyway. No need to worry Ichabod, I will also be looking for a apprentice to help me out, before I have the baby, I promise, besides no need to bother a doctor, this is my own fault.. isn't it " she said with a sigh... but followed with a smile not wishing Ichabod to think she was upset by his suggestion.

After Xan was recuperated and plans were worked out with him and Lilli, she would close the store. Of course she didn't want to ask for more help... she had really caused enough problems already... but she hoped Lilli would stay and help close the store, there wasn't much to do really just put the Lab away in the back, and lock all the cabnets with her herbs and medicens. But in her current state, the small amount of work seemed that much bigger..

She blinked and her face flushed slighly when Ichabod asked her if she would like a ride home, she didn't want to trouble him... but the offer sounded wonderful.. she enjoyed his company and well.. to her shame since she wasn't well, the road home alone had the potentail to be very difficult.

"I.. If you are sure it isn't any trouble... I would love a ride home Ichabod, thank you so much" she said with a smile.

Actually looking forward to the ride home now, and not actually going to bed as she had before.

"Oh wait.. Umm you wouldn't mind waiting around here a bit unill I close do you? orYou come back or something later if thou has other buisness to attend to" she said not wanting to mess up his plans for the afternoon.
    Back to top Go down
    LadyLilliAschuill
    Commoner
    Commoner
    LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Lilli, having hardly expected Xan’s reaction, jumped and gasped suddenly as he grabbed her hand. For only using a few fingers, he held it quite tightly. For a brief moment, Lilli felt a twinge of fear, but it quickly subsided as he released her a moment later. She pulled her hand away and rubbed it with the other; surprised that it did not hurt hardly at all after being held so tightly. She knew he had not meant to hurt her though truthfully, she knew she deserved it. More than anything, she was embarrassed. “I’m…I’m sorry, I was just...that was completely wrong of me. Yes, of course you were listening.” She tried to hide the regret in her voice, almond with the rush of color that came upon her face. “Tomorrow I think will do well, and I have no qualms with the morning hours. If it is your wish, then that shall me our time.” She regained her dignity as best she could and picked up where she left off before becoming…distracted. “What I was saying is…was, that, perhaps when no other prior engagements are under obligation, and if my skills are good, then I should like broaden my learning of defense with some other weapon. That is all…”

Looking for a quick escape from her humiliation, she remembered about showing Xan the village and her home. “Well, if you are recovered, then perhaps we should see getting you acquainted with Carpatus. I think my friend Ari is in good hands now and I trust Mister Payne will see to it that she follows my orders and rests.” She glanced at the two conversing and couldn’t help but smile, knowing that both of them are in good company. “Well, if you’ll excuse me just a moment, I shall say farewell to Ari and I will be waiting outside, when you are ready.” She gave a slight bow and stepped toward Ari and Ichabod, quietly, not wanting to disturb their conversation. You dolt! She thought to herself. Why would you do something stupid like that? Not at all the way of an intelligent woman.

She shook the thoughts away as she watched Ari and Ichabod converse. They seemed so natural together, despite that Ari was with child by another, one would think they were already married. She hated to intrude, but she did not want to just leave without word. “Ahem...” she said softly. “Forgive my intrusion you two, but I must make my leave, there is much to do to prepare for the coming well. I have elected to guide Sir Xanthus around the village and I figured I’d leave you two to your conversation. Ari, is there anything else you need of me? Do you need any help closing up?” She had no qualms at all helping Ari, in the poor state that she was, but she did not want to leave Xanthus waiting too long.
    Back to top Go down
    King Oberon
    Lower Classman
    Lower Classman
    King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:32 am

“Y-yes well...” Ichabod babbled at the returned compliment, feeling a familiar heat spread throughout his face whenever he was speaking with Arianna. “I-I suppose that is t-true, too...” He noticed her shift and realized she was probably uncomfortable, though wasn’t quite sure what he could do to alleviate it. Thoughts of putting together a cushion for her came to mind... though he wasn’t sure where he was going to get the wool or cloth...

Instinctively the inventor mirrored the expression he saw to a degree, discretely biting his lip. He had a feeling his friend wouldn’t like the idea, and there was one person in particular to blame for that: Stephen. Had the spider-eyed menace kept his hands to himself Arianna wouldn’t be so nervous about physicians. On one hand he wanted to tell Ari about how his wife had gotten sick and died but didn’t want to scare her. Thus, Ichabod nodded at certain intervals of her statements... until she mentioned it was her own fault for being in this position. How he wanted to tell her it was not her fault that Stephen accosted her – if that was indeed what she was referring to – and gently embrace her, but he could barely get a full sentence out without stuttering. There were also other people present. One knew of the conditions to Ari’s pregnancy, while the other did not. Plus he was much too nervous to do such things in private, let alone in public.

But her smile brought one of Ichabod’s own to his lips.

“Trouble? It’s no trouble at all! Practically on the way back to my own place, it is,” he replied, the smile from earlier merely widening at her acceptance to his offer. When she asked him about staying around here for a bit, Ichabod veritably beamed. “No, I don’t mind. I’ve nowhere to be and no one urgent to see, so of course I’ll wait. I-is there any way I might be a-able to help?” Once more he felt blood rushing to assail his cheeks with a pinkish tinge.

“Ahem... Forgive my intrusion you two, but I must make my leave, there is much to do to prepare for the coming well. I have elected to guide Sir Xanthus around the village and I figured I’d leave you two to your conversation. Ari, is there anything else you need of me? Do you need any help closing up?”

Ichabod tended to have the reflexes of a jumping bean sometimes, and thus started unintentionally when Lilli had begun to speak. Apologies and reassurances were mumbled in a babbling manner to where it was more of an utterance than anything coherent, overlapping Lilli’s first few words after asking pardon for interrupting. Despite his attempt at speaking whilst the noblewoman also spoke, Ichabod heard every word and stood up as etiquette taught to him since boyhood dictated. “Very well, Lady Atwood. Erm... I-if the fellow has not a place to rest or means to make camp... I-I shall gladly offer the spare space in my home unto him, Milady...” he replied, a bit nervous about having a Stephen near-look-alike in his home but couldn’t help but offer it anyway. Since Lilli would be showing Xanthus around after possibly helping Ari and him close up the apothecary, Ichabod hoped she could pass the message along for him even though it was not a task of her station.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pale turquoise orbs blinked at her jump and gasp, wondering if this was also part of her test of sorts. However, he had released her shortly after grabbing her and made no move to do so again elsewise he might be seen in a negative light. In Lilli’s eyes, Xanthus had seen something he did not often find directed at him: fear. It was an odd sensation, to be certain, making him feel rather awkward in such proximity to the woman. From the corner of his eye Xan noticed Lilli had taken to rubbing the space of hand he had grabbed, and wondered vaguely if he had overdone it.

He stayed silent as she spoke, keeping his expression somewhere between neutral and soft. However, he was curious as to her apologies. She hadn’t been testing him, then? Or was she just trying to make it seem that way? When she finished Xanthus nodded his comprehension. “What there is time for, I shall teach to the best of my ability,” he said simply. There didn’t seem to be much else he could say to progress the conversation further without rehashing what was already stated.

“I am recovered enough to look around town. More than that, I do not know,” he replied, acknowledging Lilli’s words with a steep incline of his head. At first it was merely a deep nod, but was soon followed with draping the hood on his cloak back into place. He stayed in the position to further fortify himself for the daylight awaiting him as Lilli made to approach the apothecary and the newest visitor to the shop.

“Forgive my intrusion you two, but I must make my leave..." was all he heard before willing himself not to eavesdrop upon the locals.

Xanthus took a few more moments to recover before leaving the darkness of the apothecary and stepping outdoors into the world of sun once more to patiently await his guide. He had the feeling the proprietor didn’t want to close up with him still inside the shop. Since his business was done anyway, with only the matter of payment pending, there was really no reason for him to linger inside.
    Back to top Go down
    Queen Cassandra
    The Royal Queen
    The Royal Queen
    Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:29 am

Ari smiled in response to Ichabods beaming face, He was so kind to give her a ride home, she was truely thankful for the offer.

"You have my gratitude Ichabod, thank you... I.. couldn't ask more from you, I am sure I have enough to..." She stopped when Lilli came up to them, and she mentally cursed her self why would she take Lilli's help but not Ichabods?

The thought of him hurting himself while putting away her items came to mind...

"Alright Lilli, if you could help me put the lab in the back, that would be great, I expect you and Sir Xanthus have alot to talk about with you lesson's." She said as she gave a smile.

Her eyes turned to Ichabod when he offered to share his house with Xanthus, and she found she admired him for it. She didn't know many people who would share the home with a complete stranger, If she remebered right Xanthus and Ichabod hardly said anything to eachother.

"He is so kind hearted" she thought to her self.

"After that all that is left is locking the cabinets, it shouldn't take but a few minutes, I think I have enough energy to do that, And I promise I will rest right after, Ichabod volunteered to give me a ride home" Ari said as her smile pointed to Ichabod, her face still wary looking but conciderably more brighter then earilier.
    Back to top Go down
    LadyLilliAschuill
    Commoner
    Commoner
    LadyLilliAschuill

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:30 am

Lilli smiled at her friend as she graciously accepted her assistance. “Of course Ari.” She said and turned to Ichabod. “I’m leaving her in your hands, Ichabod. I’m counting on you to make sure she does not get up for anything!” she added with a smirk. She couldn’t help but find Ari’s smile as she mentioned her discussing lessons with Xanthus a little…suggestive. She shook it off and proceeded to carefully move pieced of the lab into the back room. She had no trouble putting in their place as she’d seen Ari do many times as she waited to walk her home and chat as two good friends do.

It took her naught but a few moments to get all the equipment put away, humming lightly to herself as she did so, making sure everything was accounted for and in its place. Although she hated to rush out of Ari’s shop, she had much to do familiarize Xanthus with the village. Besides, Ari needed rest and knew the sooner she closed the shop, the sooner Ichabod could get home to do so. She was ever grateful for Ichabod to take it upon himself to see that Ari got home safe and followed her orders to rest. She could only hope that with rest, Ari would feel better. It still unnerved her that her health seemed to be failing. She prayed the next three months would fly without incident, for both mother and baby’s sake.

After putting away the last of the lab, Lilli returned to Ari’s side. “All is locked away safely my friend. As I said earlier, I must make my leave. There is much to do. Now, you need to lock those cabinets and get home! I’ll not have you sitting here in this wretched chair when you would be resting comfortably in your bed!” she said giving her friend a loving nudge. “I will look in on you as soon as I can spare moment. Until then, I pray you regain your health. You child is counting on you.” She gave Ari’s hand a light squeeze as she stood. “Good day to you Ichabod, take good care of her.” She said with a nod and turned to leave.

--

Lilli stepped out into the day, caught off guard by the sudden brightness having been in the shaded store for quite some time. She had to block the sun for a few moments before her eyes could adjust. She almost didn’t see Xan waiting there. At first he like nothing but a tall dark shape in the brightness, but soon her eyes could tolerate the light as she could make out his pale features. For a moment she was not sure what to say, the silence between them becoming awkward once more. “Well…” she started. “ I can understand now why you prefer the darkness, it is quite bright out.” She added with a bit of a nervous chuckle, hoping a little humor would ease the awkwardness. She went to her horse and untied the reins, giving her a gentle pat and scratch on the horse’s nose. “Well, I can guide you around the village first, if that is what you prefer. Or would you rather perhaps to set up and Ichabod’s home before proceeding? Either way, it matters not to me. I am willing to which ever you chose.” She said with a friendly smile. “Or if you prefer to just discuss our arrangement, I have no qualms with that either” she said before climbing upon her horse. She paused for a moment as she awaited his preferences, hoping she had not come off too assertive.
    Back to top Go down
    King Oberon
    Lower Classman
    Lower Classman
    King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:55 am

Ichabod knew he was a bit of a klutz even at the best of times. However, he felt it was proper to at least ask. “A-as you wish...” he replied, outwardly not losing his cheerfulness. On the inside, he cursed his clumsiness. She probably didn’t want him to break anything... his less than graceful sense of balance made him feel that Ari was leagues above and therefore not even remotely interested in him, despite the fact that he had feelings for her and their social status was about the same. What didn’t help was that he was rather shy around those of the female persuasion he fancied, and stuttered around all of them.

At Lilli’s statement, Ichabod nodded his head in comprehension. “I-I will certainly do what I can, Lady Atwood...” he replied.

“I-if you need any help... I-I’ll just be, erm, I’ll just be o-over here...” he said and moved to get out of the way, partially tripping on one of the legs from the stool he’d been sitting on. However, it became clear that two people were sufficiently able to do the work on their own. Yet... he couldn’t help but worry for Ari.

The inventor really tried not to eavesdrop on them as they worked, but without the hustle and bustle of the community it was rather hard not to. Upon noticing Lilli about to take her leave, he bowed respectfully. “G-good day to you, Lady Atwood, and I shall...” he stammered slightly in farewell, still waiting patiently for Ari.

“... A-are you sure y-you don’t need any help?” Ichabod asked, just to make sure. He felt odd, standing there watching her close up shop while he did nothing. In an attempt to at least do some small part to help, Ichabod flipped a sign on the door from ‘OPEN’ to ‘CLOSED’.

He was just about to turn to Ari again when he noticed perhaps the biggest spider he had ever seen. Green eyes felt as if they’d widened to the size of dinner plates, and a fair bit of color left his face. Ichabod skittered away from it at once, but it followed. “Erm...” he murmured, beginning to panic. Not wanting to seem like a complete idiot for running from a spider, yet scared to death of the things, Ichabod leapt onto a nearby stool and pretended to inspect a bit of window.

In reality he was praying the spider went about its merry way... far away from him!

-----------

Xanthus leaned against the apothecary, eyes closed to the bright light from beneath the hood of his cloak. He’d heard the door open just seconds before someone strode out. Opening his eyes and lifting his head slightly, the Carakleinian found himself gazing upon the form of Lilliane Atwood-Aschuill

“Well… I can understand now why you prefer the darkness, it is quite bright out.”

He nodded. “My homeland is often overcast,” the warrior commented and began to walk towards his own horse. He paused and turned towards the noblewoman, the smiled and offered a light chortle. “But yes... quite bright out.” It was a bit awkward, indeed. “What is the name of your horse?” he asked curiously as he untied his horse’s reins, giving the creature a pat on the nose.

“Well, I can guide you around the village first, if that is what you prefer. Or would you rather perhaps to set up and Ichabod’s home before proceeding? Either way, it matters not to me. I am willing to which ever you chose.

“Or if you prefer to just discuss our arrangement, I have no qualms with that either”

Xanthus smoothly hoisted himself onto Toivo’s back, deciding to use this moment to think about his options. He took a few more seconds of contemplation. “Perhaps if you would show me around the village... I had not the chance to get my bearings when I rode in,” he answered in that same mellow, neutral tone of voice. “And, if this Ichabod lives en-route, I can deposit my belongings there.”
    Back to top Go down
    Queen Cassandra
    The Royal Queen
    The Royal Queen
    Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Ari nodded to Lilli as she got up from the chair a small key in her hand, "Yes Lill.. thank you for today, I wish you a pleasent afternoon... and if Xanthus has any problems the medicen isn't enough for... let me know" she said with a nod.

She blushed slightly when Lilli told Ichabod to take good care of her... She turned to a cabinet hiding her blushing face.. she had no doubt Ichabod would... he was so kind.

She felt guilt go through her at Ichabod's statment that he would just stand in the corner... It had been rude of her to leave him out like that... and she was as much as she didn't want to admit it she was rather under the weather... and she could probably use his help. She was already starting to feel light headed from standing on her feet again.

"See you later Lilli" she said as started locking a cabinet....

Slowly she locked the cabinets until she had only one left it was up a little higher then the rest and she couldn't reach it. She ususlly used a small foot stool to help her... but she didn't trust her footing to use the small ladder.. Ichabod was less then graceful.. yes but surely he could do it if he was careful?.... She rubbed her hand over her eyes tring to fight off her fatigue just a little longer...

“... A-are you sure y-you don’t need any help?”

Ari paused for a moment and sighed as she held on the a closed cabinet to keep her balance..

"Actually I could.. use a hand with this last Cabinet" she said faintly as she slowly turned to face Ichabod..

She didn't notice the spider tormenting her firend, and for the moment at least unknowing holder of her heart....
    Back to top Go down
    King Oberon
    Lower Classman
    Lower Classman
    King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 pm

As though the spider’s only mission in life was to torment the inventor, it began climbing up one of the stool legs. Ichabod gasped in fright, perhaps slightly louder than necessary, and glanced around for higher ground to go to. The table was just ridiculous, not to mention there were still a few obstacles upon it, and the next stool nearest him was a good two lengthy strides away. He felt trapped – trapped like a fly within a web – and unable to get out of the situation. Ichabod didn’t want to go toward the spider, yet jumping down seemed to be his only means of escape.

What if the spider jumped, too?!

"Actually I could.. use a hand with this last Cabinet"

Well, that settled it: he’d have to face the spider. But Ichabod didn’t want to. All those little hairy legs and tiny beady eyes... The things creeped him more than words could say. How Stephen had even thought the idea of tattooing spiders around his eyes would look nice was far beyond this man’s comprehension. Yet... Ari needed help. He had to evade the spider.

Ichabod closed his eyes and took a breath, praying the spider wouldn’t follow him and that he wouldn’t have an accident and break something, thus making a fool of himself. Taking the plunge, he took a step in the direction of the spider and hopped off the stool. Pain flared in his ankle as he landed on his foot wrong, but it didn’t seem to be broken. Giving a paranoid glance back to where he had been Ichabod sighed in relief when he seen the spider on the stool and not on him, though also shuddered.

“Cabinet...r-right,” he murmured, though smiled to Arianna to show he was more than willing to assist. He immediately reached up for it, though found himself slightly too short. Standing on tip-toe, however, he was able to reach much better. Fumbling a bit, the inventor closed the cabinet and locked it... still lifted a few inches taller by the tips of his toes.

“There!” he exclaimed happily, though upon doing so lost his footing slightly. Heels slammed back down to the floor and, feeling as though he were falling, Ichabod grabbed onto the counter for support. Realizing he wasn’t going to trip, slip, or fall, he turned back to Ari with the same beaming smile on his face. “That wasn’t s-so bad... wish Dad h-had lent me another inch o-or so, though...” he remarked, feeling a familiar rush of sadness, guilt, yet also happiness, at mentioning his father. The good thing was there was more happiness than the other two emotions.

“Shall we be off, then?” Ichabod asked, assuming all work to be done was done, and tentatively offered Arianna his arm as though they were headed to a dance rather than exiting an apothecary.
    Back to top Go down
    Queen Cassandra
    The Royal Queen
    The Royal Queen
    Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:21 am

Ari blinked as she saw Ichabod standing on a stool rather ridgedly and gassped in something of fright...

She was about to ask was wrong when she spotted the Spider at the same time as he jumped off the stool and away form it.
    She almost winced when he landed, it seemed rather awakward, and was afiraid he has hurt himself. She breathed a sigh of relief when he seemed fine..

She gave him a smile, she knew of his fear of spiders.. and he had braved it for her. She found it very sweet of him.. She knew people found Ichabod.. whimpy, but he was brave when he needed to be and that is what mattered. That was why she liked him so much, no one cared if a knight faced his worst fears.. that was his job to be brave... Ichabod was a inventor not a knight..

"Thank you Ichabod" she said as he locked the cabnet.

She couldn't help but chuckle slightly at his comment about having afew more inches.. "You have afew more the me" she said lightly. Ari dispite her fiestiness was a very small woman afew inches above 5 feet.. at best.

She gladly took Ichabods arm and sliently thanked him for offering it to her.. she wasn't sure how sure on her feet she would be without a table or a counter to hold on to..

She held on gently to his arm as that walked outside, unable to help it she closed her eyes leaned a part of her weight on him.... she felt so tired..

Not wanting to worry him, she opened her eyes and lifted her head once again. She breathed in trying to regain some energy...

"Thank you again Ichabod..I wasn't sure how I was going to get home" she said trying to laugh it off.
    Back to top Go down
    King Oberon
    Lower Classman
    Lower Classman
    King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Ichabod returned the smile she gave him, albeit a bit awkwardly as he was still thinking about the spider. Had he run across one at home he would’ve had a rather nasty case of the ‘heebie jeebies’ and probably would’ve promptly bathed in attempt to get the phantom sensations of spiders crawling across his skin off of him. But for now he was alright. Almost anything was alright when Arianna was near. Not that the inventor had ever plucked up the courage to actually say something like that...

“N-not a problem... No p-problem at all... Y-you’re welcome, A-Ari. I-It wasn’t much, though...” Ichabod half-stammered various rephrasings of the same sort of sentiment. He didn’t like the way the first two sounded after he’d said them. Blood could be felt rushing to his cheeks, though only if one looked close could they tell he was blushing just a little.

A grin stretched his lips at her comment on height, though he didn’t say anything more. Part of this was because she was now arm and arm with him – Ichabod being too nervous about his clumsiness or possibly saying something incredibly stupid. Even now, his mental mantra went along the lines of ‘Don’t do or say anything stupid, Ichabod...’

When she leaned against him, the inventor did his best to lend her what strength he had – both literally in the form of supporting her as they walked, and a mental sending of energy. Ichabod wasn’t sure if the latter really worked or not but he liked to believe it did.

“Y-y-you’re m-m-most welcome, A-Ari,” he replied, becoming slightly concerned at how she seemed able to nearly laugh off the bit about not knowing how she’d get home. “A-anytime you n-need something, I-I’m h-here for y-you... Besides, m-my house is on the w-way to yours. I-I’m honored to b-be of assistance.”

Now near his horse and cart, Ichabod made sure Ari could lean on the cart while he shifted a few things around to make room for her in the event she preferred to ride in the cart. It didn’t take long at all, and he secured everything with ropes so that nothing would fall upon his passenger. “That ought to do it...” he murmured as he hopped down from the open cart. “W-would you prefer the h-horse, or the c-cart? I-I think I can convince M-morgana here to kneel for a bit,” Ichabod offered, intending to give her a boost up onto either.
    Back to top Go down
    Queen Cassandra
    The Royal Queen
    The Royal Queen
    Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Ari giggled slightly as Ichabod rambled and stammered, and oddly enough she found it terribly funny and cute. It seemed he was one of the few people who could cheer her up even when she felt like far less then great.

Ari rather liked the comfort of him supporting her for the few moment she allowed it, only one other had done that besides Lilli.. and that has been her father. Granted the support of a large dragon, was different then that of a human... While with her father she knew nothing would hurt her... and she felt safe.. with Ichabod... the warmth of his hands on her arm and the warm kind look on his face was enough to make her feel at ease.. she had no idea before this that the human touch could be so... effective.

She felt her heat beat quicken slightly when he said he was there for her... he didn't know it and she hardly understood it her self.. but it meant the world to her to know that..

"That means alot from you, thank you Ichabod" she said, then she laughed sheepishly ... "Seems like all I ever say anymore is thank you...." she said with a sigh, by the gods she hated being ill and making her firends worry. She was supposed to be stronger then this... she hadn't been this weak since she walked into her fathers cave the first time as a child.

Leaning on the cart slightly she breathed out, she really must figure out a away to repay Ichabod for all this.. she just wasn;t sure how yet, she practicaly gave him free service as an apothecary already...

"Hmmm" was all she said... she would have to think on it, perhaps she could give him a gift?..

She was pulled form her thoughts when Ichabod asked if she would like to ride in the cart or on the horse.. The logical part of ther mind told her to take the cart... but the stubborn and to proud for her own good part of her mind told her to take the horse... she would be fine... and her house wasn't far, she could make it... after all she managed to walk from there to work that morning.

"I can manage the horse, I think, beside I get motion sick in these carts.." she said and it was the truth. She didn't know how people could stand riding in the horse drawn carts for so long.

She went over to the horse, and attempted to see if she had enough strength to pull her self up on to it...

However she fail epicly as her swollen abdoman got in the way, she winced slightly as she once again stood.. or rather leaned on the horse.

"Yes some assitance on to her would be appricated" she said softly, blinking away annoying spots that floated infront of her eyes... and hoping the light headed feeling went away... She absently wiped her forehead... when did the sun suddenly feel so hot... She found her self hoping the trip home was swift.... she found her starting to feel even weaker from her attempt to left her self on to the horse. She tried her best to hide it, trembleing hands and paling on her cheeks. She just needed to make it to bed and she would be fine....
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The front Part of Ari's Store   The front Part of Ari's Store - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The front Part of Ari's Store
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2